Brass, Copper, Bronze Distributor, & Non-Ferrous Metals Processor
Hillman is an Approved Level 1 SUBSAFE Supplier and can meet all requirements upon request.
customer relationships AVAILABLE 24/7
Program is qualified to MIL-I-45208A
work directly with cad/dxf files
metal processing equipment available
large & diverse inventory available
Your source for Copper, Brass, Bronze, Stainless Steel, and Nickel based alloys
We stock Copper-based specialty alloys in Sheet, Plate, Rod, Bar, and Tube. These alloys include but are not limited to: Copper Nickel, Aluminum Bronze, Naval Brass, Admiralty Brass, Red Brass, Yellow Brass, Muntz Metal, Monel, Phosphorus Bronze, Silicon Bronze, Manganese Bronze, and Commercial Bronze - all capable to align with Level 1 SUBSAFE requirements.
Hillman Inc. has extensive in-house processing capabilities. Our metal processing capabilities include Circular Saw cutting up to 4-1/2" thick and water jet cutting on our dual pump water jet up to 6" thick Copper or Stainless Steel plate. We shear plate up to 3/8" thick, and saw cut Rod/Bar up to 24" OD.
Coil Cut-to-length processing is available from Hillman in gauges as thin as .018" thick in stainless steel and as thick as .500" thick in Stainless Continuous Mill Plate.
Cold Saw Cutting
Hillman has plate saws that can cut a variety of special metals, including Stainless Steel, Copper, Copper Nickel and Brass. Plate saw cutting is generally performed with either a saw blade or band saw. Both are ‘cold processes’ which do not impart large amounts of heat into cut steel.
Metal Band Saws are saws that use a tensioned saw blade to cut through non-ferrous metals with tight tolerances. Our saws can cut individual pieces or entire bundles of metal. Generally, these saws use lubricant to aid the cutting process and to ensure that the saw blade does not direct excess heat into the cut parts.
Hillman has the capacity to shear up to 3/8" x 120" Stainless Steel in-house. If your project requires a straight edge with no 'Heat Affected Zone', Hillman has your solution.
Precision Metal Processing Industries Served
We serve major producers in military and commercial shipbuilding, water purification, valves and condensers. As a reference, Hillman Inc. has supplied data on the many metal consuming industry services. Please review the following tabs for more information:
- over a century of success
- We adapt to our customers’ needs. From a ship chandler in 1912, Hillman has evolved into a full service metals distribution center. For over a century, Hillman Brass & Copper has remained a family-owned business, delivering personal service and quality products. Our founder H.M. Hillman would be proud.
- a philosophy centered on customer relationships
- It is Hillman’s business philosophy and practice to develop a close working relationship with our customers. We ensure your success through our quality products, professional staff, competitive pricing, reliable delivery and outstanding customer service.
- invest in our experience
- Hillman Brass & Copper has been specializing in the metal service industry for over a century. Our people have the in-depth product experience to create a tailored, efficient, and perfectly crafted job. We will save you time, increase your productivity, offer you prompt, courteous service and deliver a better product at a competitive price.
Articles & Blog Posts
Cutting Cost With Dedicated Stock Programs
At Hillman Brass & Copper we are always looking for ways to help our customers cut cost. For companies with repetitive copper nickel needs, we have a solution that can save money while making sure that high quality materials are always on hand.
International WorkBoat Show
The International WorkBoat Show | Conference and Expo for Commercial Vessels will be held in New Orleans, LA from November 29th, 2023 through December 1st, 2023.
Offshore Technology Conference
The Offshore Technology Conference will be held in Houston, TX from May 6th, 2024 to May 9th, 2024.