Cutting Cost With Dedicated Stock Programs
At Hillman Brass & Copper we are always looking for ways to help our customers cut cost. For companies with repetitive copper nickel needs, we have a solution that can save money while making sure that high quality materials are always on hand.
Is a dedicated stocking program right for you? Here are 6 key features and advantages:
- You want to dedicate space to your core business, not storing copper nickel: We handle your inventory for you. We have $4 Million dollars plus of inventory in specialized Copper Nickel grades C70600 and C71500 in rod, tube, sheet and plate – and we’ll make sure what you need is always on hand.
- You want to focus your core activities rather than watching copper nickel prices: We’re always watching the markets for purchasing opportunities, our inventory is always turning, and we know that for you to be successful, you need to be competitive with your costs. Hillman makes sure that we are taking all steps to keep our costs as low as possible, so we can keep your costs as low as possible.
- You don’t want to order excess material: We can cut to – and above – industry standard tolerances of -0”/+.125”, ensuring that you only get exactly what you need. We can also quote small diameter rod and tube to lengths of -0”/+.0625”.
- You want to minimize waste: Our in-house cutting capabilities include a waterjet cutting machine that can work as closely as .010” on a .5” thick plate. The waterjet can cut discs, rings, shapes and any other shape or drawing. The closer we cut, the smaller the spacing between parts and thus less material waste which results in material savings for customers.
- You want material to go straight to your stamping press: In spring 2017 we installed a new sheet/plate shear that is one-man operated, has high volume capability, and easily shears through our Copper-based alloys at industry tolerances. With this shear we have entered the blanking business. Shearing strips that can go straight into your stamping press, saving customers work and inventory space.
- You need minimal lead times. Meeting your required dock date is paramount to our long-term relationship. If we quote 4 days and you need 2 or 3 days, let us know and we may be able to make adjustments. It’s always OK to say “ASAP” and we will give you our absolute best offer that we know we will hit.
Our 105-year history as a company tells us that we have done some pretty good things in creating long-term relationships. Talk to us to discuss the impact of a stocking program for your company.