Every order that Hillman ships is capable of being shipped as Level 1 SUBSAFE. This is a standard that began in the 1950’s when the Navy lost a submarine and its crew due to a failure of substandard components. Hillman makes the assumption that every piece of metal we ship will end up in a submarine, aircraft carrier, destroyer or other surface vessel, so our Quality Control Process includes triple checks on order placement, receipt of material, production order completion, and final inspection prior to shipment.
Hillman is Quality Control
Hillman is Quality Control. We maintain 100% traceability on all orders: from the producing mill to our shop, to when they leave our door. We can tell you who made it, when they made it, how they made it, and who had influence on any material in our shop.
While the Navy’s Level 1 SUBSAFE program requires that we comply with these standards – we strive to exceed the standards. Hillman Inc. adds value to the metal products we supply:
- We saw cut tube and rod to exact length, as well as squares and rectangles from plate.
- We have a new shear that allows close tolerance cutting of sheet.
- Our water jet cuts close tolerance custom shapes, eliminating excess machining.
- Additionally, Hillman works with partner machine shops to create finished components.
- We anticipate our customers’ needs – we bring in only military-grade material in quantities that keep us ahead of the long mill lead times.
- Our customers can be confident that Hillman will have in stock the exact product that they need.
Hillman and the US Navy have 105 years of history together, and we both are looking to the next 105 years. Give us a call and see what Hillman Brass & Copper can do for you.
Since 1912, Hillman Brass & Copper has been a prime source of non-ferrous alloys for industry and government. We stock Copper-based specialty alloys in Sheets, Plates, Rods, Bars and Tubes. The alloys include but are not limited to: Copper Nickel, Aluminum Bronze and Naval Brass - all capable to Level 1 SUBSAFE requirements.
Our Processing Services
- WE’RE MORE THAN JUST OUR METAL
- Our processing services include cutting to length, shearing, and sawing standard and custom shapes. We can also create custom shapes or semi-finished parts, ready for your final finishing and assembly. Working directly from your CAD/DXF file or drawing, we can Water Jet or machine complex parts out of virtually any material.
contact our experts
Have any questions? Please fill out our convenient contact form below and our representatives will be in touch soon.