Chemical & Petrochemical Processing
Pressure vessels have a vital role in the petroleum and chemical manufacturing industries. Petrochemical processing companies are one of the largest markets for non-ferrous metals for heat exchanger systems. Investing in high-performance materials is key to success in chemical processing operations. At Hillman, we provide a complete range of tight-tolerance non-ferrous sheets, plates, tubes, and pipes with top-tier chemical resistance.
Where Do Petrochemical Businesses Use Heat Exchangers and Pressure Vessels?
Many steps of petrochemical processing involve heating, evaporating, cooling, or condensing. These processes rely on heat exchangers and pressure vessels, such as:
- Shell-and-tube heat exchangers for gases/liquids
- Plate heat exchangers
- Boilers and reboilers
- Chemical reactors
- Pressurized storage vessels
Pressure vessels are necessary for chemical reactions, purification processes, storage needs, and distribution systems. In oil refineries, high-performance pressure vessels support catalytic cracking, hydrocracking, and fractionation processes.
Why Is Selecting the Right Non-Ferrous Metals for Heat Exchanger Systems Important?
Industrial engineers design chemical processing systems according to rigorous standards. Investing in non-ferrous metals for heat exchanger and pressure vessel components offers important advantages:
- Improved system integrity and process safety
- Greater operational efficiency
- Superior stress tolerances
- Enhanced production capabilities
- Longer lifespan for system parts and reduced maintenance needs
Though choosing ideal materials can cost more initially, the operating benefits result in significant savings over time.
Which Non-Ferrous Metals Work Well for Chemical and Petrochemical Processing?
At Hillman, we work with conventional and specialty non-ferrous metals for pressure vessels. The right choice depends on process and environmental factors. Here are several outstanding options for chemical manufacturing:
- Silicon bronze: This specialty material has excellent weldability, better resistance to saltwater than brass, and natural anti-biofouling properties.
- Stainless steel: Various 300-series grades of stainless steel provide an amazing balance of tensile strength, corrosion resistance, and ductility.
- Duplex: This stainless steel alloy often contains carbon, manganese, chromium, nickel, or copper to provide greater resistance to extreme temperature, high pressure, and corrosive chemicals.
We also carry many types of nickel alloy, copper, and bronze.
What Metal Processing Services Do We Provide?
Our team offers complete customization for non-ferrous metal products, including size, gauge, metal type, and grade. We provide a range of processing services:
- Cut-to-length orders
- Rod saw and cold saw cutting
- Water jet cutting
- CNC machining
Customization matters because the layout of pressure vessels and heat exchangers must fit demanding specifications. We deliver precision results for plastics, solvents, acids, hydrocarbons, and other corrosive chemical processing.
How Can Chemical Manufacturers Choose the Correct Non-Ferrous Metals for Pressure Vessels?
At Hillman, we’ve supplied petrochemical businesses for decades. Our team can help manufacturers select the ideal fit when it comes to non-ferrous metals for heat exchanger systems. Contact us for assistance right away
We serve major producers in military and commercial shipbuilding, water purification, valves and condensers. As a reference, Hillman Inc. has supplied data on the many metal consuming industry services.
Our Processing Services
- WE’RE MORE THAN JUST OUR METAL
- Our processing services include cutting to length, shearing, and sawing standard and custom shapes. We can also create custom shapes or semi-finished parts, ready for your final finishing and assembly. Working directly from your CAD/DXF file or drawing, we can water jet machine complex parts out of virtually any material.
contact our experts
Have any questions? Please fill out our convenient contact form below and our representatives will be in touch soon.